Do you want to help us build the future of Amazon’s EU Stores business in the Consumables division? Are you interested in working in a high impact role and with exposure to senior leaders? The EU Baby team is looking for a Senior Vendor Manager (SVM) to develop its categories and vendor relationships across EU.
To achieve success in this role, you will have strong analytical, relationship management and organizational skills. You will also be comfortable picking up new technologies. You’ll be an analytics expert, identifying problem areas and then creating plans to find resolutions, with the ability to pick up new skills quickly. You’ll have strong communication skills and a proven track record of building positive working relationships.
Key job responsibilities
• Act as the ‘business owner’ for your category, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact your business (forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on the business, along with responsibility for driving projects and promotions to achieve business objectives).
• Manage all key vendor relationships in your category – manage supplier/partner contracts, manage day-to-day relationships, and negotiate and secure necessary funding.
• Understand the industry, seasonality and business trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments.
• Identify selection expansion opportunities and work with partner teams to onboard new brands to Amazon.
• Have an understanding of the customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to advocate for and improving the shopping experience.
• Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external teams, while meeting tight deadlines.
• Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets.
• Seek out ways to automate & simplify manual processes.
A day in the life
Deep dive analytics into financial reporting on business performance.
Engaging with vendor partners to develop their business with Amazon.
Working cross-functionally to develop customer growth projects.
Partnering with AVS-Brand Specialists leading the day-to-day vendor relationship to keep us on track to deliver the Vendor Improvement Plan (VIP).
About the team
The EU5 Baby vision is for every parent, every milestone. We want to make it easier for parents to learn about and buy what they need when they need it and be the destination for parents to purchase their baby and toddler products. As a team, we strive to be diverse and inclusive while optimizing our productivity to deliver big wins for our customers.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
– Must be fluent in French and based in Paris in order to be able to adequately manage the vendor base.
– Experience as account management, project or program management or buying experience
– Bachelor’s degree, or 5+ years of professional or military experience
– Experience using data to influence business decisions
– Experience driving internal cross-team collaboration
– Experience with business analysis and P&L management
– Experience in account management, project/program management, or buying
– Experience driving direction and alignment with cross-functional teams
– Knowledge of Microsoft Access or SQL
– Industry sector-specific knowledge is not a prerequisite, though a passion for online retailing and the enthusiasm to quickly build up your knowledge of a new area are both essential!
Amazon est un employeur engagé pour l’égalité des chances. Nous sommes convaincus qu’une main d’oeuvre diversifée est essentielle à notre réussite. Nous prenons nos décisions de recrutement en fonction de votre expérience et de vos compétences. Nous apprécions votre envie de découvrir, d’inventer, de simplifier et de construire. La protection de votre vie privée et la sécurité de vos données constituent depuis longtemps une priorité absolue pour Amazon. Veuillez consulter notre Politique de Confidentialité pour en savoir plus sur la façon dont nous collectons, utilisons et traitons les données personnelles de nos candidats.