AI Research Scientist, Intern – Textless NLP Responsibilities:
- Perform research to advance the science and technology of intelligent machines.
- Develop novel algorithms leveraging deep learning.
- Probing and analyzing the learned models qualitatively and quantitatively using language science-inspired benchmarks or metrics.
- In the process of obtaining a Ph.D. degree (or equivalent)
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Experience in PyTorch, Python or C/C++.
- Research and/or work experience in machine learning, deep learning, and/or Natural Language Processing and/or Speech Processing.
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op.
- Comfort manipulating, analyzing and visualizing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources.
- Proven track record in at least one area of language science (psycholinguistics and/or linguistics and/or phonetics and/or sociolinguistics).
- Articulated interest for cognitive science is a plus.
- Proven track record of achieving results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, as well as first-authored publications at workshops or conferences such as ACL, EMNLP, NAACL, AAAI, ICML, NeurIPS, ICLR, Interspeech, ICASSP or similar.
- Ability to communicate complex research in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- A strong interest in theoretical and empirical research and for answering hard questions with research.
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group, cross-culture and cross-disciplinary collaboration.