NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Our core values are rooted in improving the communities where our employees, customers, and audiences live and work. We have a rich tradition of giving back and ensuring our employees have the opportunity to serve their communities. We champion an inclusive and equitable culture and strive to attract and develop a diverse, talented workforce to create and deliver a spectrum of content reflecting the current and changing face of the world. Read more about our values and Comcast NBCUnites, our volunteering and social impact program.
The HR Consultant (contract) provides HR support to the NBCUniversal businesses in France (about 90 people across five businesses). This role will manage and execute various HR projects with both a people centric and commercial mind-set, providing local legislation knowledge, aimed at driving the business forward. All aspects of the employee life cycle are touched upon and the best employee experience is pursued. The incumbent will interpret and provide input against local needs to identify, plan and deliver critical initiatives to align with regional strategies. To be successful in the role it is essential to establish strong and trusted partnerships with the local business leaders and centralized specialist functions.
HR Project Management and Business Partnering
- Plan, coordinate and execute HR projects and programs across the organisation including tracking and reporting on status, risks, issues.
- Data Analysis and Reporting – where applicable, provide data analysis and reporting.
- Be an effective Business Partner for local Leaders, acting as a sounding board and change agent to drive and implement the desired behavioral and organizational changes.
- Provide in-country expertise, relating to local legislation and policy. Review country specific policies, in conjunction with the policy owner, as the business/legislative framework changes.
- Advise, design and implement local labour condition needs, whilst adhering to legislation and ensuring a safe, healthy and compliant workplace for employees.
HR Transactional Activities
- Oversee a flawless execution of payroll.
- Deliver the administration relevant to the local legal requirements and provide the proper HR administrative support to employees, quickly answering to their questions about payslips, benefits and any other relevant HR topic.
Talent Management & Acquisition
- Support Leaders in managing programs including the Talent Review and Performance Feedback Process, by coaching managers, providing advice and support whilst contributing to building a culture of continuous development and feedback.
- Drive and support the recruiting, testing, and interviewing programs in cooperation with the Talent Acquisition team.
- Be an ambassador for the NBCUniversal brand and pro-actively create brand awareness guided by the employee value proposition, enhancing our online presence and attending networking and career events.
- Maintain organizational structures by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
Compensation and Benefits
- Maintain employee benefits programs and inform employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management.
- Implement C&B initiatives and support the implementation of the annual salary review process in line with guidelines and in connection with performance.
Learning and Development
- Analyse training needs against local business strategy and employee skill gaps, playing a proactive role in defining and ensuring the delivery of training initiatives.
- Actively support talent development and employee engagement projects.
Employee Relations and Policies
- Support a culture of trust, promoting open and honest communication. Train and coach managers and employees on best practices and adhering to company values.
- Be a trusted partner for managers and employees in addressing and handling ‘difficult conversations’ and mediate where appropriate to achieve mutual understanding and an enjoyable work environment.
- Be proactive and anticipate change, providing critical and timely input about consequences and implications of local law to all internal stakeholders.
- Support and train managers to coach their team and take disciplinary actions if needed; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counselling employees and supervisors.
- Conduct investigations, be responsible for maintaining accurate records.
- 5+ experience in Human Resource management in an international environment
- Experience in HR transformation, process changes and implementation
- Experience of planning and executing projects of varying size and complexity
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and manage numerous projects with competing priorities
- A ‘can do’ mentality that can shift from acting hands-on to strategic thinking
- Ability to navigate through a complex, matrix business and provide the appropriate partnership, support and coaching to local stakeholders
- Demonstrable ability to understand and promote the linkage between business and operational priorities and HR activities
- Outstanding influencing skills with the ability to identify and translate key priorities
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills, able to adapt between the cultural nuances of areas/businesses
- Ability to deal tactfully and confidentially with internal and external customers and be a trusted source
- Forward thinking with passion and creativity, not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Foster an inclusive culture
- A formal qualification in HR Management and Project Management is desirable
- Experience of working with consultancy firms
- Experience of working for organisations with international branches
- Knowledge of current French employment laws and regulations
- Excellent written and spoken English and French
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.