Location: We are flexible! Come and join us either in Hamburg, Berlin or Barcelona or feel free to work 100% remotely in the EU*
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Manager to provide leadership to our accounts payable department, to look after payment transactions and the financial commitments of our company. You will need to maintain accurate and complete records, oversee tax-related processes, and uphold the company’s policies.
The Lead of Accounts Payable Accounting actively seeks opportunities that technology can offer to simplify, standardise and streamline business processes and operation. He/She provides the accounting service in a compliant, most effective and efficient way at the right costs. He/She identifies changes in legislation and standards, adepts our processes and drives the changes necessary to support our business strategy.
YOUR DAILY ADVENTURES WILL INCLUDE:
- Manages and supervises the accounts payable department and staff in the organization.
- Ensures that systems, policies, and procedures adhere to company policies while functioning with accuracy and timeliness.
- Ensures that the accounts payable and the company’s financial obligations are met efficiently.
- Oversees tax-related processes (like sales tax summary report)
- Keep track of the company’s financial expenditures, maintain a database and provide reports as and when requested by supervisors.
- Will be in charge of data entry, validation, and processing of various types of invoices like general overhead, vendors, and employee travel reimbursements.
- Keeps track of the status of all transactions taking place within the company and external vendors and contractors.
- Standardise procedures to generate efficiency in-house and create internal templates to be used by the company.
- Be active on the customer service front and be quick and accurate with communication.
- Have close contact to the FinTech department to ensure the accounting compliance in the backend
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Experience with leadership roles and display problem-solving capabilities.
- Proficiency with computers, especially business solutions and bookkeeping software.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with employees, superiors, process partners and customers.
- Strong analytical and time management skills.
- Well planned, organized with keen attention to detail.
- Proactive, data-driven, takes initiative, able to multitask.
- Hands on mentality.
- Flexible and able to cope well with change.
- Able to develop strong relationships and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and German is a must
BENEFITS & PERKS IN A NUTSHELL:
|Plus more local benefits depending on your work location!|
*in one of the 10 countries where we have a legal entity: France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Austria, Italy, England, Ireland, Poland & Greece