As a team member, you will join the Agriculture Research group with responsibility for cross-functional collaboration on the General Mills regenerative agriculture portfolio in Europe. This is a multi-faceted position that requires a willingness to learn and assess the technical and regulatory aspects of regenerative agriculture impacts.
Specifically, this role, in alignment with Europe Australia and global strategy will be responsible for assessing agricultural technologies and approaches for reducing GHGs, creating and executing regenerative agriculture projects to accelerate farmer adoption in Europe, and tracking Europe’s evolving carbon market and sustainability regulatory space.
Priority focus will be on crop and livestock systems – particularly dairy – in regions like France and the Netherlands, where General Mills procures the majority of dairy ingredients for our Haagen Dazs business. This role will focus on dairy at the outset, with long-term vision for advancing regenerative agriculture in other key ingredient supply sheds within France (e.g. fruits and vegetables, oats, sugar beets).
The right candidate for this role will leverage technical and scientific skills, partner management, and project leadership skills with a high bias for action to achieve corporate goals to advance regenerative agriculture on a million acres by 2030, and to reduce greenhouse gas emissions across our full value chain by 30% by 2030.
In this role you will develop project management and communication skills, experience operating in a cross-functional team, and technical depth. The projects you manage in this role will accelerate cross-functional influence to achieve corporate goals.
- Collaborate with Sourcing Team, Agriculture Research and Global Impact Team members, External Relations, and HD ITQ & Business in the ideation and execution of regenerative agriculture strategy, GHG-reducing technologies, project development, and timelines.
- Provide leadership to execute Global Impact strategy through external partner engagement, process, timelines and milestones and associated budget applicable to the projects in order to scale up adoption of GMI programs.
- Engage technical partners and leverage the General Mills Agricultural Research Team, that is located in the US, on MMRV (measurement, monitoring, reporting, and verification) development, regenerative agriculture program implementation, and evaluation, agronomy support, and farmer data collection.
- Coordinate with supplier sustainability teams and Sourcing to ensure alignment with commercial needs.
- Track and benchmark against external context such as European sustainability forums (e.g. SAI Dairy and SAI RA), European Union-wide and country-specific regulations and policy advancements pertaining to agriculture sustainability, and peer sustainability programs.
- Engage in regenerative agriculture and unique agronomic/variety development with crops such as sweet corn, oats and other ingredients.
- Engineering BS (4 year) or MS (5-6 year) in an agricultural-related field or 3 – 5 years of work experience in agriculture-related field Understanding of farm/ livestock operations, basic agronomy, and communicating with farmers.
- Understanding of regenerative agriculture and technologies to mitigate GHG in agriculture or an enthusiastic willingness to learn
- Demonstrated experience managing projects, ideally with external partners
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse set of external partners including farmers, conservation professionals, businesses, scientists, and verifiers
- Demonstrated technical rigor and ability to tackle abstract challenges
- Demonstrated effective communication, leadership, and influencing skills. Ability to work collaboratively in team environments
- Flexibility & adaptability
- Fluent in English and French language: in speaking, reading, and writing
- Based in Boulogne, France as a preferred location, remote location possible within our Workwith heart policies. Conditions full remote : come to the France office (Boulogne-Billancourt) at least once a month.
- Willingness to travel (15%)
- Knowledge or awareness of global GHG accounting guidance and standards such as the GHG Protocol
- Ideally Background in dairy or livestock science
- Existing knowledge and network of French regenerative agriculture and agronomy organizations and practitioners
Proposer des produits que le monde adore. Mais nous faisons plus que cela. Notre entreprise est un endroit qui a pour mot d’ordre d’être une force positive, un environnement permettant de favoriser l’apprentissage, d’explorer de nouvelles perspectives et de réinventer de nouvelles possibilités, chaque jour. Nous recherchons des personnes qui veulent donner le meilleur d’elles-mêmes. Des esprits audacieux au grand cœur, qui se défient les uns les autres et évoluent ensemble. Devenir le leader incontesté du secteur de l’alimentation signifie que nous devons nous entourer de personnes avides de construire le monde de demain.