Join us in Megève, on the Mont d’Arbois’slopes, in the heart of the French Alps. The Resort consists of 2 Four Seasons hotels, 10 restaurants and a golf course. Our establishments continue the legacy of the Rothschild family, who sought to create an unmatched hotel experience nearly a century ago. Characterized by a French style and part of the Alpine tradition, our hotels offer an intimate and privileged setting, at the forefront of the spectacle of nature, both in summer and in winter.
Découvrez notre restaurant: Le Kaito, Culinary classics from Japan meet local Alpine produce at Megève’s premier Japanese restaurant, open all day with direct access to the slopes in winter and to the golf course during summer.
The Guest Services Agent is performing the duties of Valet, Door and Bell Attendants as well as shuttle driver, and reports directly to the Assistant Guest Services Manager. The Guest Services Agent responds to a wide variety of guest requests by accurately assessing the guest needs and expectations. As an ambassador of the hotel, the Guest Services Agent is also a Guest Relations Agent by being knowledgeable about the hotel facilities and the activities offered to our valued guests.
The Guest Services Agent performs the following duties:
- Respond to all guests’ & management enquiries following and adhering to the Four Seasons Standards of service.
- Create a sense of arrival for resident and non-resident guests by welcoming them to the hotel and safely parking their cars in the garage.
- Deliver luggage received from Door staff, valet parking, and requests from Front Office.
- Provide a fond farewell departing guests at the hotel.
- Greet all guests and deliver luggage to room upon check-in, provide overview of the hotel, room orientation based off first time or return guest, pick up luggage from room upon departure, moving the luggage to storage of the front drive.
- Assist guests in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events, directions, etc.
- Review daily movements (arrivals, departure, guests in house itineraries, restaurant reservations etc) to ensure proper handling of Special Attention Guests, VIP Guests and Groups (if applicable).
- Receive vehicles from guests and drive to the hotel garage, adhering to all traffic regulations, and speed limits, using caution not to damage the vehicle being driven and other vehicles in the vicinity.
- Pick up vehicles when requested in a timely manner.
- Assess any damage to vehicle and clearly notes any damage on claim ticket along with locations of vehicle when parked.
- Deposit key and ticket in bell closet.
- Drive hotel cars to both pickup and drop off guests throughout the ski resort to specific drop off points and following speed limits and using caution to yield to pedestrians.
- Perform errands for guests and the hotel that may require local travel off of the property.
- Assist in inventory of Long Term Storage and Guest Items.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with all colleagues and management.
- Memorise regular guests’ preferences and habits to provide attentive and personalised service
- Speak clearly and communicate via radio to other staff members.
- Communicate to all support departments any necessary information or requests.
Additional overnight functions
- Assist with overnight Housekeeping deliveries and basic requests.
- Walk property to collect doorknob hangers from guest rooms for in room dining requests.
- Audit vehicles parked in garage for front office to post charges nightly.
The list of responsabilities and duties is non exhaustive.
Who you Are
- 1+ years of previous experience in a similar position required.
- Experience in a luxury hotel/resort preferred.
- Knowledge of French Alps or Megève and surrounding areas, highly desirable, however not required.
- Must be flexible with schedule- Able to work weekdays, weekends, holidays, evening/overnight shifts.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the French language.
- Oral proficiency in the English language.
- Clean and Valid Driver’s License required.
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume and demanding environment.
- Ability to remain calm during challenging situations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- This position is not eligible for work sponsorship/visa. Candidates must possess valid French/European work authorisation .
What to Expect
- Be a part of a cohesive team with opportunities to build a successful career with global potential
- Excellent Training and development opportunities
- Competitive salary & wages
- A culture that breeds success, and rewards it in many different ways
Benefits Four Seasons Megève Collection employees can enjoy
- Position to be filled for the 2023 summer season
- Opportunity to grow within the Four Seasons Group
- Advantageous company mutual insurance
- Accommodation provided (shared room)
- Discounted rates on our restaurants
- Numerous CSE benefits
Your motivation and dynamism will make all the difference!
For more information:
Thank you for your interest and see you soon!