Join us in Megève, on the Mont d’Arbois’slopes, in the heart of the French Alps. The Resort consists of 2 Four Seasons hotels, 10 restaurants and a golf course. Our establishments continue the legacy of the Rothschild family, who sought to create an unmatched hotel experience nearly a century ago. Characterized by a French style and part of the Alpine tradition, our hotels offer an intimate and privileged setting, at the forefront of the spectacle of nature, both in summer and in winter.
Découvrez notre restaurant: Le Kaito, Culinary classics from Japan meet local Alpine produce at Megève’s premier Japanese restaurant, open all day with direct access to the slopes in winter and to the golf course during summer.
Assistant Chef Concierge assists with overseeing the Concierge Team and reports directly to the Chef Concierge. The Assistant Chef Concierge responds to a wide variety of guest requests by accurately assessing the guest needs and requests and then adding personal recommendations. The Assistant Chef Concierge also directs employees that perform the following duties, and will also perform these duties on own when the level of operations/business requires it:
- Accommodate guest requests from the ordinary to the extraordinary
- Handle a wide variety of guest requests with utmost professionalism to achieve maximum guest satisfaction and respecting the Four Seasons Standards.
- Provide accurate information to guests in a courteous and timely manner.
- Promote the services offered by the hotel and the Domain du Mont d’Arbois
- Handle incoming and outgoing email, mail, packages, faxes and special guests’ deliveries.
- Assure, check and follow up guests’ proper billing
- Maintain detailed knowledge of local key occurrences (directions, monuments, activities, restaurants, shopping, slopes…)
- Communicate to all support departments any necessary information or requests.
- Act as an ambassador for the hotel, displaying a great sense of style and integrity and conveying to the guest a sense of knowledge and assurance
- Direct and control the activities of the Concierge in order to ensure adherence to Four Seasons standards, policies and procedures
- Memorize regular guests’ preferences and habits to provide attentive and personalized service.
- Review daily movements (arrivals, departure, guests in house itineraries, restaurant reservations etc) to ensure proper handling of Special Attention Guests, VIP Guests and Groups (if applicable).
- Perform all reasonable services a guest may require and to anticipate guest requests and requirements in order to satisfy them efficiently and effectively
- Lead by example and to drive the team to exceed guests’ expectations by being creative, innovative and resourceful
- Develop and maintain a network with other Concierges in the other Five star luxury properties and key destinations/places of interest relative to guests’ needs
- Behave in a discreet, concerned and friendly manner while being efficient and impeccably groomed at all times
- Ensure employees are correctly trained and take corrective action as required
- Assist in scheduling, training and providing feedback to Concierge Agents
- Discipline staff in accordance with Four Seasons policy and conduct performance reviews as scheduled
- Keep management fully informed of all activities of the Concierge operations
- Deal effectively with glitches until complete guest satisfaction is obtained
- Inform senior management and complete glitch reports and daily follow up
- Work with the Accounting Department to ensure policy and procedures are followed
- Keep all Concierge Staff informed of information, policies and procedures relative to their areas and the hotel in general
- Complete all payroll records and ensure staff follow proper payroll procedures
- Ensure maximisation of revenues and control of expenses in all areas under control
- Take action in all matters related to the safety, security, satisfaction and well-being of hotel guests and employees.
- Respond swiftly and effectively in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Assist in inventory of Front Office Supplies, Long Term Storage and Guest Items.
- Anticipate the department needs and operating supplies by performing requisitions to Purchasing Department.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with all colleagues and management.
- Memorise regular guests’ preferences and habits to provide attentive and personalised service.
- Speak clearly and communicate via radio to other staff members.
- Communicate to all support departments any necessary information or requests .
The list of responsabilities and duties is non exhaustive.
Who You Are
- 1+ years of previous Rooms Division supervisory or management experience required.
- Experience in a luxury hotel/resort preferred.
- Knowledge of French Alps or Megève and surrounding areas, highly desirable, however not required.
- Must be flexible with schedule- Able to work weekdays, weekends, holidays, evening/overnight shifts.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the French language.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Ability to handle computer systems (related to schedule, purchase, guest lists, guest activities reports etc.)
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume and demanding environment.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to lead a team.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to handle difficult situations and guests.
- Ability to remain calm during challenging situations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- This position is not eligible for work sponsorship/visa. Candidates must possess valid French/European work authorization.
Benefits Four Seasons Megève Collection employees can enjoy
- Position to be filled for the 2023 summer season
- Opportunity to grow within the Four Seasons Group
- Advantageous company mutual insurance
- Accommodation provided (shared room)
- Numerous CSE benefits
Your motivation and dynamism will make all the difference!
For more information:
Thank you for your interest and see you soon!