Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon websites and wondered how it got delivered to you so fast, and what kinds of systems & processes are running behind the scenes to power the whole operation? If so, this role is for you.
The team: Global transportation services, Speed and Long-term Planning
– Operations is at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is on behalf of our customers, as surpassing their expectations is our passion.
– We improve customer experience through continuously optimizing the complex movements of goods from vendors to customers throughout Europe.
– Global transportation analytical teams are transversal centers of expertise, composed of engineers, analysts, scientists, technical program managers and developers. We are focused on Amazon most complex problems, processes and decisions.
– We work with fulfillment centers, transportation, software developers, finance and retail teams across the world, to improve our logistic infrastructure and algorithms.
– Fulfillment acceleration is one of those Global transportation analytical team. We are obsessed by rethinking our advanced end-to-end supply chain to make our deliveries even faster. Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can be delivered the next-day.
Key job responsibilities
You will be responsible for defining the overall delivery speed differentiation strategy across Europe. Navigating highly complex and strategic scope across end-to-end supply chain, including tradeoffs between cost to serve, customer delivery speed, selection, growth and long-term profitability. This is a role for an exceptionally talented person, with high energy and courage, passionate about delivering concrete improvement for our customers, and that want to achieve that using data.
The role includes 60% analytical activities and 40% of stakeholder/project management
Innovation & Stakeholder/Project management.
– Use and share your insights with partner teams, to influence/build a 3 year roadmap of project to accelerate speed of deliveries
– For the most complex and ambitious opportunities, quickly launch new pilots, and build scale-up business case with benefits, tradeoffs, bottlenecks, risks and resources required
– For the algorithmic opportunities, work with teams of software developers and research scientists to design the next round of software innovation
– Lead regular business review with partner teams to monitor the progress of projects in the roadmap. Help into removing bottlenecks
– Consolidate progress into crisp and concise data-driven status updates. You will own reporting to Amazon senior leadership (VP-level)
– Build advanced tools/models to automate decision making for complex and ambiguous trade-off problem
– Deep dive complex data using SQL (>10TB) to uncover actionable insights for known and unknown problems
– Use data to control/audit if our supply chain is behaving as expected, and automate the identification of improvement opportunities among dozens of dimensions
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
– PhD, or Master’s degree in Statistics, Data science or Ecomonics, with several years of experience in an analytical field
– Experience in a project/program management role
– Ability and strong willingness to use data and system thinking to answer first time asked questions, and solve large-scale ambiguous problems.
– Ability to lead and structure projects, in particular liaising and collaborating with internal partners to influence direction and roadmaps, despite competing priorities
– Basic SQL knowledge
– English conversational language is required
– Experience analyzing both experimental and observational data sets is a plus
– Previous experience in Supply Chain or transportation roles is a plus
– Experience working with Tech teams is a plus
– Proficiency in SQL/Redshift is a plus
Amazon est un employeur engagé pour l’égalité des chances. Nous sommes convaincus qu’une main d’oeuvre diversifée est essentielle à notre réussite. Nous prenons nos décisions de recrutement en fonction de votre expérience et de vos compétences. Nous apprécions votre envie de découvrir, d’inventer, de simplifier et de construire. La protection de votre vie privée et la sécurité de vos données constituent depuis longtemps une priorité absolue pour Amazon. Veuillez consulter notre Politique de Confidentialité pour en savoir plus sur la façon dont nous collectons, utilisons et traitons les données personnelles de nos candidats.