We are seeking a senior engineer with significant data centre experience to work in the Colocation Design Standards Team to drive resilience, standards, consistency and constant improvement in our colocation fleet of data centres globally.
Our goal is to find the candidate that has well developed data centre technical knowledge and ideally coupled with extensive colocation experience. If you have experience developing global design standards and working within a broad design and construction infrastructure environment, then you could be the right candidate.
As Colo Design Standards Engineer you will be responsible for driving design and availability consistency across our colocation data centres globally. You will work with leaders and Principal Engineers in our Colo engineering team and in the wider global engineering teams to set and update standards for colocation capacity. You will work directly with our colocation engineering teams in APAC, EMEA and the Americas, and leverage global relationships with our colocation partners to deliver against these standards.
Key job responsibilities
• Develop and maintain global consistent colocation design standards to drive equivalent resilience in colocation data centres to AWS owned sites.
• Support the deployment of new AWS products in colocation data centres in a consistent way.
• Input into global design standards and generational data centre template designs.
• Support as required regional colo engineering teams to review and accept proposed changes to the site-specific infrastructure against our data centre standards, and document Accepted Deviations when appropriate.
• Work with our global colocation partners to drive consistent standard solutions to expedite review processes and drive cost efficiency.
• Set up global strategies to deploy specific products or designs, and drive key global colocation initiatives.
• Documentation, release and management of design guides, standards, specifications and procedures.
• 25% international travel.
About the team
The Colocation Design Standards (CoDeS) team drives the global standardization of technical solutions for AWS Colocation (colo) sites. The team owns the creation and update of engineering standards for colo sites, following the performance objectives set in AWS Basis of Design (BoD) and creating those for colocation specific technology. The team also provides technical support for AWS product colo readiness to enable efficient deployment. CoDeS global standardisation of technical designs objectives is key to enable more efficient and consistent capacity ingestion for the delivery teams.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Electrical specialization preferred.
• 3+ years of control related experience data centers, preferably in colocation facilities.
• 5+ years of experience in data center controls.
• 2+ years of experience on end-to-end project delivery, preferably in a colo large infrastructure project.
• 3+ years of experience defining system-level architecture, performance, and equipment requirements, conceptual designs and project documentation.
• 2+ years of experience in Continuous Improvement methodologies, practices.
• 2+ years of experience in developing and presenting business case analysis to senior leadership.
• Excellent communication skills
In addition to above
• Chartered or Professional Engineer (PE).
• Experience of working with large global data centre providers in multiple regions globally.
• Knowledge of local building codes and safety regulations in multiple jurisdictions
• Ability to develop new concepts through exploration, design, testing and into deployment/mass production. Proven track record in creating and releasing high quality, consistent documentation for processes, standards and procedures.
• Knowledge of critical data centre equipment (Generators, Uninterruptible Power Supplies, Switchgear, Transformers, Power Feeders, Chillers, Plumbing, Fire Detection/Suppression, Air Handling Units, Computer Room Air Handling/Conditioning Units, Chillers, UPS, CRAH, CRAC…)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status
Amazon est un employeur engagé pour l’égalité des chances. Nous sommes convaincus qu’une main d’oeuvre diversifée est essentielle à notre réussite. Nous prenons nos décisions de recrutement en fonction de votre expérience et de vos compétences. Nous apprécions votre envie de découvrir, d’inventer, de simplifier et de construire. La protection de votre vie privée et la sécurité de vos données constituent depuis longtemps une priorité absolue pour Amazon. Veuillez consulter notre Politique de Confidentialité pour en savoir plus sur la façon dont nous collectons, utilisons et traitons les données personnelles de nos candidats.