At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing France is looking for a Level 3 Supplier Quality Specialist [Recovery team] based in the Paris area.
This role will support our Supplier Quality Specialist – Recovery Team activities.
- Primary function of this role is to lead “Recovery” activities at suppliers identified as needing additional support due to defects or QMS health issues.
- Assist the local Regional SQR to ensure supplier’s Quality Management System (QMS) compliance with Boeing requirements.
- Assist Prevention team and local SQR to conduct Boeing review of supplier’s First Article Inspection (BFAI) on parts in recovery.
- Ensures suppliers have proper process in place to assess and mitigate/eliminate quality risks associated with parts identified as in recovery.
- Support supplier’s Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process development and monitor deliverables completion.
- Assists with assessments of supplier capability and capacity to perform current or potential future work.
- Documents and reports audit and assessment results in coordination with Regional SQR for any assessments performed
- Ensures supplier notifications of quality escapes are processed as required; evaluates supplier Root Cause Analysis and proposed corrective action plans (RCCA) Where these affect part numbers subject to recovery.
- Monitors quality improvement initiatives at supplier; develops training materials and other resources to support improvements in supplier performance and productivity.
- Report supplier’s quality risks and opportunities to leadership.
Employer willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Experience/Education/Skill):
- Bachelor’s degree and typically a minimum of 5 years or more related work experience, or a Master’s degree and typically 3 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior audit and quality assessments experience.
- Working comprehension of the requirements of AS9100.
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Strong supplier quality development background.
- Strong understanding of root cause and corrective action analysis and implementation of acceptable preventative action.
- Knowledge of supplier quality system requirements, along with extensive process auditing experience.
- Fluent in English in spoken and written.
Preferred Qualifications (Experience /Skills ):
- Working knowledge of various quality tools and processes such as APQP, FMEA, control plans, SPC, FAI, RCCA.
- Working knowledge of AS9100, AS9102 and AS9145.
- Lean or lean six sigma experience (leading or co-leading teams with value stream mapping and shop floor standard work events).
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management best practices and processes.
- Experience developing supplier improvement plans and strategies, providing training, and coaching
- Fluent in French in spoken and written.
This assignment is in Paris, France While this is a virtual opportunity (the selected candidate will not typically work on-site at a Boeing facility), the position will require frequent travel, including possible extended stays at locations mainly in Europe but further afield if the need arises, and as such easy access to transportation network (highways, airports, trains stations).
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in France, CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN Insert Country . Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Applicants must be able to obtain work permit/visa depending on requirements of the country.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award